Welcome to "I heart post" ver 2.0 - new and improved!
At the start of the new year, I feel it is a good time to refresh the look and feel of my little blog.
I am Helen, the authoress of this blog, and I am very pleased to meet you. Please comment and introduce yourselves, or write me an email, or better yet, send me a postcard. I love getting to know my readers. It has been one of the best things about this blogging adventure.
I started this blog back in February 2012, as a little experiment to get my creative juices flowing. The decision to start a blog came before the decision to make it about stamps. But with a little thought, I realised that 'post' manages to encapsulate all of my interests.
An exploration of the world through post leads into all sorts of topics -
- the history that is being commemorated on any particular stamp;
- the way the stamp managed to come into my possession, be it though travel, from a friend, or randomly;
- the reasons for collecting in the first place;
- the joy of postcards/ aerogrammes/ first day covers;
- design of stamps through the decades.
In addition, other more general things that sometimes wind up on this here blog include:
- my adventures in new and exciting places- both close to home and abroad;
- my love of maps (especially cartography on stamps!);
- excerpts/collages from 1970s editions of National Geographic;
- titbits about history & archaeology.
|The look and feel of "I heart post" ver 1.0|
Thank-you so much for stopping by I heart post and for letting me share my collection with you. I hope you have enjoyed what you have found here. I have certainly enjoyed putting this blog together.